Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 297/365


     I got to hang with my favorite ten year-old today. As I mentioned a few days/posts ago, there have been some major developments in Jessica Schwerin's story. Jessica, who was diagnosed with kidney failure mid-2012, is getting a transplant! She's spending tonight down in Ann Arbor before having her operation tomorrow morning. A local business owner heard her story and lent her, her mother, and her donor his limo to be taken down to the hospital in. We covered her sendoff, and her arrival at the hospital today. I took quite a few pictures of her, but this one was by far my favorite. She was saying goodbye to her dog, and you all know how I can't resist a dog photo op.

    What gets me the most, is that the man who's donating his kidney to Jessica decided to do so after seeing her story in the Bay City Times, which I photographed. It's incredibly humbling to know that in some small way you can help someone, and I can't think of any girl who deserves it more than Jessica. Today was one of those days that reminded me how much I love my job, which I don't often forget, but still; I. love. my. life.

     To see the article/more photos on her limo send off, you can find them on MLive here, and to see photos from her first night in the hospital, with a short copy block written by yours truly, you can find that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment